About the Habitat brand
Since 1964, Habitat has been challenging the way people style and shop for their homes.
We’re an iconic homeware and furniture retailer that’s going through exciting times: our priority is a growing on line business that currently accounts for over 60% of the P&L plus three long-standing London flagship stores, and a network of smaller customer touch-points throughout the UK including Sainsbury’s and Argos.
For over 50 years Habitat has created good design that’s useful, distinctive and just a little witty. We recognise that today there are more brands than ever selling furniture, but we’re strong in our conviction that we’re true originals, because almost every piece in our collection is designed by us.
As an Assistant Merchandiser you’ll be responsible for:
• Manage timely intake of stock into the business.
• Work closely with the Junior Merchandiser to ensure intake is prioritised according to business requirement and to agreed timelines.
• Communicate to business risks to intake and stock availability
• Identify and resolve late/insufficient availability of new season ranges and ongoing lines
• Be the key contact for suppliers for chasing and placing of new purchase orders
• Be the key contact for customer relations, communicating risk to planned intake in order to ensure customer orders are management accordingly
• Manage seasonal terminal stocks and exit plans and take appropriate action to clear discontinued stock
• Action markdown plans in line with set parameters
• Take ownership of the planning and implementation of the replenishment parameters as part of the range plan and ensuring that they deliver excellent levels of in store
availability, within commercially acceptable stock levels.
Store Range Planning
• Implement seasonal range plan changes into London and Mini stores
• Monitor in season sales, propose store level replenishment or display changes in order to optimise sales potential.
• Carry out frequent visits to Mini and London stores, feedback review to team
• Support the Merchandiser and Trading Manager to trade the website and hit sales, conversion and AOV KPI’s
• Producing weekly sales and stock reports
• Work with the Junior Merchandiser to review weekly sales against set budgets and KPIs
• With the support of the Junior Merchandiser provide key learnings and proposals for driving department forward
Seasonal Range Sign Off
• Support the Senior Merchandiser in producing packs for new season sign off
• Support the Senior Merchandiser in sign off meetings with Senior management
Your experience, skills and qualities will ideally include:
• Relevant merchandising and / or stock planning experience in a busy retail environment
• Have worked in a digitally focused environment and/or personally be a digital shopper customer to have insight the trading channel
• Business degree preferable
• GCSE level maths required
• Can analyse and interpret data to form effective strategies, highlighting trends, identifying and solving problems
• Able to deal with large volumes and multiple sources of data ideally with experience of AX
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills
• Organised, excellent attention to detail and a flexible proactive work ethic is also required
• Must make things happen, happy to take the initiative
• Results oriented approach
• Identifies and juggle resources to respond to changing priorities
• Meets deadlines consistently and manages others expectations