Did you know Argos is the largest UK based online retailer?
With over 60% of transactions going through our website and apps, and 70% of those on mobile devices, Argos is truly a digital first retailer.
Most people in the UK have shopped with us at some point. And most of them will have used one of our digital channels - whether it's Argos.co.uk, our award-winning apps or the custom-designed tablets in our digital stores. Working at Argos, you'll be helping millions of people to get what they want, when they want it... and hopefully raise a smile in the process.
We may be big on the outside... but on the inside, we've worked hard to create a culture that feels just like a start-up. If you work here, you'll get the best of both worlds.
Why you should work for us
We’re on a mission. We're customer focussed, tech driven and believe in shaping our own destiny.
We have a wide influence. Uniquely our major experience touchpoints include in-store digital - with interactive screens and large display screens - in addition to web and apps. Customer journeys often cross over between touchpoints and new kinds of touchpoint are on the horizon.
We make a difference. There is great potential for significant simplification and improvement of customer journeys in innovative new ways.
We control the end-to-end journey. We can take our customers on a joined-up end-to-end journey, from discovery of product items to collection in one of our stores or delivery with one of our vehicles.
We pride ourselves on our inclusivity and humility. Inclusion and Diversity are fundamental to our culture and values. Everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be the best they can be.
About this role
As a Lead UX Manager, you will support the Head of UX and be responsible for a team of brilliant designers, all focused on creating delightful experiences for our millions of customers. You will be responsible for:-
Advanced/exemplary level competencies in Relationship management, Integrity, Self development, Communication, Innovation, Leadership, Support (Team working) and commitment to excellence.
Achieve and advocate desired Agility behaviours for your grade.
Supporting the Head of UX in delivering strategic creative solutions to drive the Argos brand and digital experience forward and ensure that all work undertaken by the UX Architect is executed to the highest standards
Conceptualising, developing and documenting innovative information organization structures, interaction designs, page-level content organization, navigation, and prototypes of digital products for your assigned stream.
Developing user interface designs using knowledge of customer tasks, product functionality requirements, knowledge of user interface architecture, knowledge of UI best practice and industry/company interface standards
Developing appropriate prototypes of designs to meet testing and communication needs.
Clearly communicate User Experience approaches and design decisions to stakeholders and project team members.
Collaborate with Visual designers, BAs, Product Managers and technical teams
Facilitation of workshops and collaborative design sessions to ensure full buy-in to your vision
Champion principles of usability and user-centred design
Collaborate with team members and clients to ensure that the integrity of the experience is maintained through launch Ensure all design can be used across all channels.
A successful Lead UX manager at Argos is comfortable working with executive stakeholders across Argos and the Group and across multiple multi functional agile teams. You will be experienced in developing and implementing processes, techniques and methodologies to ensure efficient delivery of all UX outputs. You will ideally have the following experience:-
- Extensive experience creating interfaces, large scale websites, or applications
- Degree in design, architecture, HCI or related discipline
- Use of Axure to develop prototypes and specs
- Strong analytical skills
- Getting to the customer problems to be solved
- Work with analysts and the research team to identify/clarify the customer problem(s) to be solved from available insights.
- Information Architecture
- Create and maintain the full information architecture for the entire suite of Wealth products.
- Ensure all data mining approaches have been investigated to drive an overall experience that optimises all users’ interactions with their preferred Wealth products.
- Interaction Design
- Translate business requirements and synthesise across many streams the cross functional dependencies.
- Be the guardian for the all rounded user experience
- Wireframe/ prototype
- Blueprint the product via wireframes with UI specification where required (or links to the BRD)
- Create lo-fi/hi-fi prototypes to help demonstrate functionality and enable iterative user testing usability
- QA of all deliverables from the Information Architect discipline and adherence to the look and feel/style guide.
- Career development and management of a small team
- Identify any resource shortfalls, skills needs etc.
- Mentoring, Coaching, Appraisals. Recruitment of new team members.
- Facilitation of workshops and collaborative design sessions to ensure full buy-in to the vision
- Collaborative design, superior ability to organise and lead workshops to ensure defined end goals are achieved.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Argos, an organisation that is committed to continuing to disrupt the industry and place customers at the heart of what we do. Based in Victoria, London, you will be a part of a fantastic cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Researchers & Engineers.